Consultation on the Central Government TOMs Mapping Tool
As the lead organisation for the Taskforce working group, Social Value Portal has launched a consultation to seek feedback from stakeholders on:
The Central Government (CG) TOMs Mapping Tool
The Mapping Tool reflects a shared ambition for consistency in relation to defining, measuring, reporting and monitoring social value for organisations that use both the Social Value Model and the National TOMs. It extends the ‘golden thread’ in the Social Value Model through to the National TOMs and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Tool can be used to:
- Select Policy Outcomes or Model Award Criteria (MAC) from the Social Value Model that are relevant to a procurement or your organisation
- Create a Social Value Summary, displaying KPIs that have been mapped to the selected Policy Outcomes or MAC
- Create a Social Value Mapping, allowing for the reporting of Social Value delivery or commitments against KPIs that have been mapped to the selected Policy Outcomes or MAC
- Report on the regional delivery of social value against relevant KPIs, where required to ensure compliance with the Social Value Model
- Print out a list of KPIs relevant for a procurement or your organisation, for use with bidders, suppliers or within the organisations
Procurement Guidance documentation
The procurement document provides guidance that public sector buyers can consider applying with the Central Government Mapping Tool when setting up framework agreements intended for use by other public sector organisations. The document includes relevant information for managing call-offs and contract managing social value delivery providing transparency for contracting authorities and suppliers.
The consultation period will run from 2 August 2021 until 3 October 2021.