Vacancy: Strategic Account Manager (Public Sector)
Strategic Account Manager, Public Sector
The Social Value Portal is a fast-growing tech business with heart. We have an online solution that allows our members to measure, manage and maximise social value. We need a highly commercial executive who will hold a sizeable sales quota and will be solely focused on expanding our business with existing, strategic accounts through the upsell of projects, reports and consultancy.
You will be working to build new relationships within our existing client base and to unlock business with a broader set of contacts. It will be your responsibility to secure sizeable contracts from our public sector procurers and all planned projects with our public sector suppliers. You will be required to position and sell new modules and products as they are released and find new solutions to our client’s challenges.
- Commercial responsibility for a set of existing key accounts with a remit to expand business in line with aggressive commercial revenue goals.
- Ideal candidate, someone from the public sector directly or a supplier to the public sector who has sold into public sector procurers in local authorities, central government departments, NHS Trusts and or their supply chain.
- UK location – Ideally, London or Manchester however home based with travel circa 4 days per week will be expected.
- Building long term relationships, strategically minded, will map out key senior level contacts, build trust and position Social Value Portal to expand on the existing business.
- Target revenue £750,000
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Bonus skills: SAAS, consultancy, professional services.
Through engagement at a senior, executive level you should be driving wider and deeper adoption of the Social Value Portal.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will join a busy and growing team to drive business, hit a quarterly sales target, utilise Salesforce.com to report activity, manage pipeline and forecast business. An important part of the role is to attend relevant events and build relationships with business partners.
Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the public sector, supply chain and procurement ideal. Sustainability/social value or related sector a bonus.
- Proven track record of selling either SAAS, professional services or consultancy desired.
- Ability to develop and deliver professional and impressive presentations and portal demonstrations.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and targets through targeted engagement of C-level, executive contacts.
- Ability to positively influence customers and key decision makers to secure business, grow account and retain business.
- Evidence which demonstrates the you can define the right strategy to achieve objectives, prioritise workload, work well under pressure and at pace.
Closing Date for Applications: 18th November 2019
Pay rate: £50,000 – £60,000 base with OTE of £80,000 based on experience
Hours per week: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: Social Value Portal offices, with a base in either Manchester or Vauxhall, London. Your job will include travel to meet customers around the UK.
Reports to: Sales Director
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Social Value Portal
Social value is about delivering economic, social and environmental sustainability to help create flourishing communities and places. The Social Value Portal has a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable its clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value.
The Social Value Portal is a young London-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business with nearly 20 people and we work with public and private sector clients across the UK. Our mission is to provide an evidence-based approach to measuring and delivering social value. There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the National Social Value Measurement Framework:
Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal;
Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal;
Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches
Social value is a rapidly developing agenda for addressing societal challenges using an integrated triple bottom line (economic / social / environment) approach. We are at the leading edge of developing social value methodologies and approaches to measuring and delivering social value and our clients need conceptual and strategic support and advice, as well as the tools that the Portal offers.
Our expanding client-base comes from a range of sectors, including central & local government, health, real estate and development, engineering & construction, nuclear and financial services, and the third sector.