Vacancy: Strategic Account Manager – Public Sector
Hours per week: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Location: Home Based, minimum 2 days in the office either in Manchester or London
The Social Value Portal is a fast-growing tech business with heart. We have an online solution that allows our members to measure, manage and maximise social value. We need a highly commercial executive who will hold a sizeable sales quota and will be solely focused on expanding our business with existing, strategic accounts through the upsell of projects, reports and consultancy.
You will be working to build new relationships within our existing client base and to unlock business with a broader set of contacts. It will be your responsibility to secure sizeable contracts from our public sector procurers and all planned projects with our public sector suppliers. You will be required to position and sell new modules and products as they are released and find new solutions to our client’s challenges.
- Commercial responsibility for a set of existing key accounts with a remit to expand business in line with aggressive commercial revenue goals.
- Ideal candidate, someone from the public sector directly or a supplier to the public sector who has sold into public sector procurers in local authorities, central government departments, NHS Trusts and or their supply chain.
- UK location – Ideally, London or Manchester, however, home based with travel circa 4 days per week will be expected.
- Building long term relationships, strategically minded, will map out key senior-level contacts, build trust and position Social Value Portal to expand on the existing business.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Bonus skills: SAAS, consultancy, professional services.
Through engagement at a senior, executive-level you should be driving wider and deeper adoption of the Social Value Portal.
Reporting to the Sales Director you will join a busy and growing team to drive business, hit a quarterly sales target, utilise Salesforce.com to report activity, manage pipeline and forecast business. An important part of the role is to attend relevant events and build relationships with business partners.
Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the public sector, supply chain and procurement ideal. Sustainability/social value or related sector a bonus.
- Proven track record of selling either SAAS, professional services or consultancy desired.
- Ability to develop and deliver professional and impressive presentations and portal demonstrations.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and targets through targeted engagement of C-level, executive contacts.
- Ability to positively influence customers and key decision-makers to secure business, grow accounts and retain business.
- Evidence that demonstrates you can define the right strategy to achieve objectives, prioritise workload, work well under pressure and at pace.
- Compensation: Competitive
If you are interested in the role, send your CV plus a covering note of no more than 250 words explaining why you are interested and why you think you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, criminal history or disability status. Only applicants with the right to work in the UK can be considered.