Vacancy: Social Value Advisor
Social Value Adviser
The Social Value Portal – Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, London and Canada House, Manchester.
We are looking for self-starter individuals to join a busy customer success team of Social Value Advisers who manage a growing portfolio of public and private sector clients across the UK that use our online platform to measure, manage and report on social value. You will have strong digital, analytical, project management and client management skills, and recognise the importance of public services and social value. You will be able to work as part of a dynamic team as well as be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment to ensure the smooth delivery of multiple client projects at any given time. This is a hands-on role that requires a proactive individual who is willing to learn, use their initiative and has experience managing the direct day-to-day relationship for key accounts.
You will be working as part of the Social Value Adviser team to onboard, manage and expand social value project accounts for a wide range of clients. The role will include: support for Portal users, helping clients to get the most out of the Portal, developing reports on social value outcomes, analysing project performance and metrics, and ongoing client relationship management. The Portal is built on the Salesforce platform and all team members work closely with the Portal on a day-to-day basis, so previous experience working with Salesforce will be critical. Applicants are not expected to undertake programming or coding but need to be very comfortable working with online platforms. Salesforce training will be provided.
Please note this is not a new business development role as you will be managing existing relationships. Client retention and renewal are important to us and you will be expected to support the growth of the relationship with your clients. There is an element of CRM to the role to drive renewals.
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 18 months’ post-education working experience
- Customer service background with experience managing key client relationships
- Good communication skills and comfortable working alongside senior leadership/management
- High level of numeracy and a good academic standard in a numerical or mathematical discipline
- Comfortable working with web applications with the ability to explain functionality of an application or programme to clients in simple terms
- Organised and structured approach to working with great attention to detail
- Graduate – Bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- Experience working with customers and web applications
- Relevant masters / post-graduate degree in STEM subjects or social sciences
We are interested if you have experience in any of the following:
- Web design and site management
- Customer support
- Data analysis and statistics
£25,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
About the Social Value Portal
Social value is about delivering economic, social and environmental sustainability to help create flourishing communities and places. The Social Value Portal has a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable its clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value.
The Social Value Portal is a young London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK. Our mission is to provide an evidence-based approach to measuring and delivering social value. There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the National Social Value Measurement Framework:
- Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal;
- Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal;
- Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches
Social value is a rapidly developing agenda for addressing societal challenges using an integrated triple bottom line (economic / social / environment) approach. We are at the leading edge of developing social value methodologies and approaches to measuring and delivering social value and our clients need conceptual and strategic support and advice, as well as the tools that the Portal offers.
If you are interested in the role, send your CV plus a covering note explaining why you are interested and why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Please note that all Social Value employees are currently working from home following local Government advice. Our Senior Management Team continue to review the situation and we will return to the office only when it is safe to do so.