Vacancy: Senior Social Value Adviser – Public Sector
The Social Value Portal – Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, London and Canada House, Manchester.
We have a busy and rapidly growing customer success team – currently around 15 people and the largest single team in Social Value Portal – who manage a growing portfolio of public and private sector customers across the UK as they use our platform to measure, manage and report on their social value. The platform is used for social value reporting both at an organisational level and a project level, and at all stages of the project life cycle, including procurement.
As we develop the team, we are looking to add more specialist skills to the mix, and we have an immediate need to strengthen our capability in public sector procurement. As well as using the platform to host tenders, some of our public sector customers also ask us to evaluate the social value element of tenders on their behalf. Our current public sector customers are predominantly local authorities, but we expect our work to expand into other parts of the public sector in the coming 12 months.
We are looking for one or more experienced professionals with a background in public sector procurement and commissioning to build this area of specialist skills. You will have strong digital, analytical, project management and client management skills, and recognise the importance of public services and social value. You will be able to work as part of a dynamic team as well as be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment to ensure the smooth delivery of multiple client projects at any given time. This is a hands-on role that requires a proactive individual who is willing to learn, share their specialist knowledge with other team members and has experience managing key customer and stakeholder relationships day-to-day.
You will be working as part of the Social Value Adviser (customer success) team to help onboard, manage and expand social value accounts for a wide range of public sector clients, with a particular focus on procurement and evaluation. The role will include: helping clients to embed social value in their procurement processes, providing internal and external training on the evaluation of social value, helping clients to get the most out of the Portal, developing reports on social value outcomes, analysing project performance and metrics, and ongoing client relationship management. You will likely have a combination of public sector accounts which you will be directly responsible for, and an overall team responsibility for the management and delivery of tender evaluations.
The Portal is built on the Salesforce platform and all team members work closely with the Portal on a day-to-day basis, so previous experience working with Salesforce will be helpful. The ability to work with Salesforce is essential and applicants comfortable working with online platforms will be favoured. Specific Salesforce training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be expected more broadly to contribute to leadership, mentoring and coaching within the SVA team.
While direct experience of applying social value in procurement is not essential, the successful candidate will need to be able to rapidly gain a good working understanding of social value and SVP’s social value measurement framework, the TOMs.
Please note this is not a new business development role as you will be managing existing relationships. Client retention and renewal are very important to us, however, and you will be expected to play a key role in supporting the growth of the relationship with your clients. You will be reporting directly to the Customer Success Director who leads the team.
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant working experience in the public sector in a procurement/commissioning role
- Experience managing key client and stakeholder relationships
- Excellent team-working skills
- Detailed knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations and their practical application
- Experience of evaluating tender submissions and contract management
- Good communication skills – comfortable working alongside senior leadership/management
- High level of numeracy and a good academic standard in a numerical or mathematical discipline
- Comfortable working with web applications with the ability to explain functionality of an application or programme to clients in simple terms
- Organised and structured approach to working with great attention to detail
- Graduate – Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or equivalent
We are also interested in the following:
- Working experience in the local authority sector
- Experience working with public sector suppliers
- Experience using procurement platforms and framework agreements
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification
- Project management qualification – PRINCE II or equivalent
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience embedding social value or sustainability in procurement and commissioning
£35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year, depending on experience
About the Social Value Portal
Social value is about delivering economic, social and environmental sustainability to help create flourishing communities and places. The Social Value Portal has a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable its clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value.
The Social Value Portal is a young London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business, currently with a staff of around 45 people, which works with public and private sector clients across the UK. Our mission is to provide an evidence-based approach to measuring and delivering social value. There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the National Social Value Measurement Framework (“the TOMs”):
- Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal;
- Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal;
- Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches
Social value is a rapidly developing agenda for addressing societal challenges using an integrated triple bottom line (economic / social / environment) approach. We are at the leading edge of developing social value methodologies and approaches to measuring and delivering social value and our clients need conceptual and strategic support and advice, as well as the tools that the Portal offers.
If you are interested in the role, send your CV plus a covering note explaining why you are interested and why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Please note that all Social Value employees are currently working from home following local Government advice. Our Senior Management Team continue to review the situation and we will return to the office only when it is safe to do so.