Vacancy: Customer Support Manager
The Social Value Portal – Albert Embankment, Vauxhall, London and Canada House, Manchester.
Social Value Portal is rapidly growing across our established customer markets and launching into new markets as we enter 2021. To support our accelerated growth – both domestically and internationally – we aim to build a world class support infrastructure to ensure our customers continue to receive excellent customer service and support as we scale. We are seeking a highly motivated Customer Support Manager to optimise the way we support our customers and members. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the ground level of building a best-in-class customer support organisation.
The ideal candidate is well-organised and truly demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service. You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, fluid business environment with competing demands for your time and attention and are looking for a new challenge to develop a team, establish best practice processes and deliver quality services. You will be excited to learn the software, assist with customer enquiries and lead by example. This is a hands-on role that requires previous administration of Customer Support Management software with a strong focus on continual service improvements.
- Assist with implementation of new Customer Support Management software with a view to establishing and managing support inquiries via new system by Spring 2021
- Solution will involve telephone, chat and ticket-based inbound contact
- Collaborate with IT to capture necessary business requirements and project plan documentation to support implementation
- Assist Customer Success Director (hiring manager) with recruitment and onboarding of new Customer Support Executives as we scale
- Establish and produce weekly utilisation reports to Customer Success Director
- Identify common customer pain-points and represent our customer internally with other customer-facing teams and product / tech teams
- Alert relevant parties to issues or outages on the system and lead communication efforts to customers
- Author, edit and publish quality Knowledgebase content to improve customer self-service resources
- Ultimately, leading by example to:
- Proficiently and consistently resolve inquiries via first response utilising self-service resources
- Quickly identify when issues are more complex and gather appropriate information to triage to senior team members to resolve
- Documenting and reporting bugs and user interface issues to the tech team
- Accurately capture case notes, document activities and manage cases in a way that is clear, concise and actionable by other internal resources and a customer viewing from the case portal
- Accurately link and categorize cases upon case closure to help inform root cause of customer contacts
- Be responsible for accuracy and timeliness of case notes, regular customer follow-up on open incidents, and quick resolution of reported incidents within customer expectations
- Stay informed on product changes and rapidly learn information about product functionality changes
- Report service incidents or service requests to internal groups, acting as the customer-facing liaison for all service-related needs
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
- Previous administration of Customer Support Management software
- A minimum 18 months Customer Support experience in similar technology platforms
- Excellent communication – written and verbal – and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with web applications with the ability to explain functionality of an application or programme to clients in simple terms
- Organised and structured approach to working with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be diplomatic, and tactful in dealing with diverse people
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas
- Proven ability to ask critical, insightful questions and probe for information to facilitate problem solving
- Ability to help develop a professional, “going the extra mile” attitude in the team
- Demonstrable history of process improvement and delivering high customer service standards
- Experience creating and managing a cohesive working environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, energetic and motivational leadership style
- An interest in making a difference, sustainability and social value
- A passion for exceeding expectations
£25,000-£30,000 per year, based on experience
About the Social Value Portal
Social value is about delivering economic, social and environmental sustainability to help create flourishing communities and places. The Social Value Portal has a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable its clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value.
The Social Value Portal is a young London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK. Our mission is to provide an evidence-based approach to measuring and delivering social value. There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the National Social Value Measurement Framework:
- Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal;
- Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal;
- Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches
Social value is a rapidly developing agenda for addressing societal challenges using an integrated triple bottom line (economic / social / environment) approach. We are at the leading edge of developing social value methodologies and approaches to measuring and delivering social value and our clients need conceptual and strategic support and advice, as well as the tools that the Portal offers.
If you are interested in the role, send your CV and a covering note explaining why you are interested and why you think you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all Social Value employees are currently working from home following local Government advice. Our Senior Management Team continue to review the situation and we will return to the office only when it is safe to do so.