We are looking for someone to come and join a growing team within a growing business. Social value is about delivering economic, social and environmental sustainability for communities and society as a whole. The dedicated consultancy team at Social Value Portal supports organisations in the private and public sectors and across all industries to do more in this space by offering a range of services, including strategy development and corporate reporting.
Typical tasks for the new Consultant will include:
- preparing materials for strategy development sessions with clients
- facilitating the sessions and conducting a range of engagement exercises
- writing detailed strategy documents for clients
- undertaking research and writing presentations, bids and reports
- speaking at conferences or other seminars/workshops
- managing relationships with a wide range of clients, often senior contacts
- defining new internal products and services
Your client base will be varied. Organisations that we are currently working with around strategy development and corporate reporting range from Vodafone to The Crown Estate.
Your experience to date will have involved working with clients to identify and analyse organisational challenges and opportunities and then recommend tangible, bespoke solutions. You will be confident presenting to large groups and managing workshops (virtual and face-to-face) as well as conducting detailed desk research and producing high-quality reports for clients. You will have a rigorous intellectual and analytical approach to your work with the ability to build strong client relationships, regardless of levels of seniority. The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both orally and in writing, is crucial. You will have a strong interest in social responsibility and sustainability and be eager to develop innovative ways of expanding and improving what SVP can offer in this space.
Required Skills / Experience
- A comprehensive understanding of social value, sustainability and corporate responsibility
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience working directly with clients
- Enthusiasm for understanding clients’ unique needs and identifying solutions
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with confidence to deliver presentations and workshops but also write comprehensive reports
- Examples of having developed strong client relationships, including the ability to balance how you challenge and support them
- Strong project management skills in order to proactively lead schemes of work to time and scope
Desirable Skills / Experience
Knowledge of the TOMs framework and/or other social value or impact measurement frameworks
- Understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Pay rate: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
- Hours per week: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Location: Currently home working, then flexible with Social Value Portal Office, Tintagel House, 92 Albert Embankment, London as the base. Your job could include travel to meet customers around the UK.
- Reports to: Senior Consultant
- Open to: Only applicants with the right to work in the UK can be considered. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, criminal history or disability status.
Please send a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is Friday 30th July 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they come in so follow up may begin prior to the deadline, apply early to avoid disappointment.
About Social Value Portal
Social value is a rapidly developing approach to addressing societal challenges and aiming to create flourishing and sustainable communities and places.
Social Value Portal is a young and ambitious London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK. We have a suite of market-leading, online collaboration tools that enable our clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value, based around an evidence-led social value measurement framework which we developed, called the TOMs (Themes, Outcomes and Measures).
There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the TOMs:
- Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal
- Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal
- Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches
Social value is at the heart of everything we do here at Social Value Portal. As such, robust policies and additional benefits for staff are key internal initiatives, including a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. To benefit our communities, all our employees are entitled to 48 hours (6 days) paid volunteering time, in addition to annual leave. It is expected that all employees combine their expert skills and passions to go above and beyond by volunteering in local projects for the benefit of our society.