Social Value Portal is a young London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK, employing over 70 people. Our mission is to provide an evidence-based approach to measuring and delivering social value.
The team in the business that looks after products and data analytics related to the TOMs is called the TDI (TOMs, Data, Insights) team. It manages a broad range of projects and programmes, in collaboration with people both inside and external to the business. The TDI team recently adopted agile working based on team sprints, using the Jira programme management application.
We are looking for an individual to manage the TDI team’s programme of work. This could be a full-time role or potentially part-time (c.3 days a week) as there is a core role that can be expanded.
You will be reporting directly to the Senior Programme Manager and liaising throughout the week with other members of the team.
We are flexible in terms of the mix of home and office working and keeping this under review as the working environment changes. We expect the successful applicant to be based within commuting distance of the London office and to be able to be in the office on a weekly basis (but not every day of the week).
You can expect to:
- Work closely with the Senior Programme Manager to organise upcoming meetings and projects and be responsible for the admin surrounding these (agendas, meeting minutes, actions)
- Help manage the team’s roadmap by ensuring team members adhere to deadlines and regularly update the Jira board
- Work with the team to ensure the programme runs effectively
- Provide regular reports to the Senior Programme Lead and the CSO to assist the team and help with communication internally and externally. This may be in the form of pulling data from Jira, preparing PIDs, etc.
What we will need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with customers and other stakeholders.
- Good written, numerical and IT skills, including working with Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Jira experience is a bonus.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and support colleagues to achieve results and to contribute to a positive and effective team working atmosphere.
- Take responsibility to solve problems within your control
- Good self-organisation and planning skills
Between £23,000 – £28,000 annual equivalent (prorated to hourly working week)
About Social Value and our services
Social value is a rapidly developing agenda for addressing societal challenges using an integrated triple bottom line (economic / social / environment) approach. We are at the leading edge of developing social value methodologies and approaches to measuring and delivering social value and our clients need conceptual and strategic support and advice, as well as the tools that the Portal offers. Our customers provide us, through an online Portal, with quantitative and qualitative data on their social value activities.
The Social Value Portal has a suite of user-friendly, online collaboration tools that enable its clients in the public, private and community and voluntary sectors to work together to deliver social value.
There are three essential components to our business, which are underpinned by the National Social Value Measurement Framework (the National TOMs):
- Managing, monitoring and reporting social value using the online Portal;
- Research & development of methodologies and products to support the Portal;
- Consultancy and advisory work with clients to assist in the development of social value strategies and approaches
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, send your CV plus a covering note explaining why you are interested and why you think you are suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, criminal history, or disability status. Only applicants with the right to work in the UK can be considered.