The Social Value Portal is a young London & Manchester-based Software as a Service (SaaS) business which works with public and private sector clients across the UK, employing over 80 people. Our mission is to provide an evidence-based approach to measuring and delivering social value.
We are looking for an individual, with previous experience as an IT Manager, to manage our Operational IT assets such as networks, software and infrastructure. There will be various IT projects and activities to get involved in, as well as overseeing the day to day IT issues within the business and being the first point of call for any queries.
Important elements of this role involve the maintenance and improvement of our information security measures including GDPR, Cyber Security, ISO27001 and Pen Testing in collaboration with our outsourced Data Protection Officer.
We are flexible in terms of the mix of home and office working and keeping this under review as the working environment changes. We expect the successful applicant to be based within commuting distance of the London office and to be able to be in the office on a weekly basis (but not every day of the week).
- Connectivity and telephony – Development and support of the connectivity and telephony infrastructure across the company
- Information security – Maintain and improve information security measures across the company including GDPR compliance, Cyber security, ISO27001, and Penetration testing in collaboration with the company’s outsourced DPO consultant
- Systems- administrate, support and manage the development of Salesforce…
- Systems – collaborated with the in-house digital marketing team and outsourced website developer to administrate, support and development of the company’s website.
- Systems – administrate and manage the company’s Microsoft Office 365 account.
- User support – software and hardware support all users across the business (currently 150 colleagues).
- Other – lead various I.T. and information security activities and projects.
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
What we will need from you:
- Some experience in a senior IT manager role
- Experience within an Information security role or project with a good understanding GDPR and Cyber security.
- Microsoft office 365
- Desktop support knowledge as well as Microsoft EndPoint manager.
- AWS would be an advantage.
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with customers and other stakeholders.
- Good written, numerical and IT skills, including working with Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Jira experience is a bonus.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and support colleagues to achieve results and to contribute to a positive and effective team working atmosphere.
- Take responsibility to solve problems within your control
- Good self-organisation and planning skills
- Ability to be regarded as a safe pair of hands
- Proven experience in managing all IT assets, including networks, software, infrastructure etc.
- Ability to advise and educate stakeholders on the effective use of available systems
- Continuously improving facilities for hybrid working
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL processes
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships.
- Natural leadership qualities, skills and experience.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences effectively
Employment type: Full-time
Location: London, minimum 2 days in the office in London
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
If you are interested in the role, please apply with your CV and a cover letter, through our website or to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, criminal history, or disability status. Only applicants with the right to work in the UK can be considered.